Sustainable Tulsa is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Our Mission is to lead Tulsa area businesses and individuals through a new era of sustainability.
Our vision is that Tulsans embrace and choose sustainable practices every day.
- In 2003, Corey Wren Williams founded the first chapter of the Oklahoma Sustainability Network, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She worked with several community leaders to develop the Tulsa chapter and worked in several leadership capacities, including President of the board, until it became an independent and incorporated 501(c)(3) nonprofit in 2006.
- In 2007, the first version of the Green Directory was created, which is now a robust online directory of businesses from multiple industries in the Tulsa area who implement sustainable practices.
- Additionally in 2008, the "All Local Foods" and "Eat Local Taste of Tulsa" events were launched to support the development of the Green Directory and promotion of local foods.
- In 2009, Sustainable Tulsa started the "Green the 918" series in association with the then mayor, Kathy Taylor. This later evolved into Sustainable Tulsa's 1st Thursday! program.
- Sustainable Tulsa developed a partnership with the Rotary Club of Southside Tulsa to create the Henry Bellmon Sustainability Awards in 2010, recognizing and awarding those people, companies, and organizations that are committed to developing the triple bottom line: people, profit, and planet.
- Wanting to reach the business community, Sustainable Tulsa started the B2B Case For Sustainability series in 2012, a quarterly series where Oklahoma businesses and institutions learn from each other about the benefits of sustainability to the bottom line.
- Furthering the outreach to the business community, the pilot year for Scor3card launched in 2015.
- A partnership with Monarch Initiative of Tulsa began in 2016.
- Sustainable Tulsa was able to grow their staff by hiring Projects Coordinator, Alison Stone, in 2016.
Sustainable Tulsa has served 1000’s over the years through education toward action on supporting a triple bottom line for your families and businesses, moving the Tulsa community into a new era of sustainability.