Plant a monarch garden
Plant Sources & Events
Tulsa Metro nurseries and plant festivals are excellent sources for milkweed plants and nectar plants. Both are must haves for Monarchs. The butterflies lay eggs ONLY on milkweed plants, and they need fuel, which comes from the blooms of dozens of Oklahoma native and non-native plants.
Here are some places which usually have a variety of plants that will draw Monarchs to your garden:
Plants For Tulsa Region
Register Your Garden
Report Your Sightings & track migration
Other Things You Can Do
Not ready to build your own monarch garden? Here are some other things you can do to get involved.
- Talk to your employer, church, or school about establishing a Monarch Waystation on their property
- Connect with local organizations working to protect the monarch
- Attend events that support these efforts
- Call your local mayor, city councilor, and county commissioner
- Connect with Oklahoma Friends of Monarchs